Welcome to the Glossary, which is jam-packed with all the terms you'll need to know to get the most out of Taptok.
Audience Connections Platform
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM): Type of technology that is used to manage a company's relationships and interactions with its customers and potential customers.
- Call to Action (CTA): Any button on our platform's Mini-Pages that acts as a prompt to tell anyone to do something specific, such as request a meeting or contact the owner of one of our cards.
- Short Message Service (SMS): Service for sending short messages up to 160 characters to mobile devices and smartphones.
- Quick Response Code (QR): A machine-readable code made up of an array of black and white squares that is typically used to store URLs or other information for reading by a smartphone's camera.
- Virtual Card (vCard): A digital version of a business card that can be shared via SMS, email, web link, social networks, and so on.
- Onboarding: Any documentation sent by Taptok to customers or organizations that lists all of their credentials, such as accounts, usernames, links to vCards, and Mini-Pages.
- Migration: Process of migrating a user's or organization's accounts from an older platform to a newer one.
- Physical Product: Any Electronic Business Card you own from Taptok.
- Mini-Page: Also known as Mini-Websites, are optimized websites designed to present relevant content to your audience and easily convert them into clients, subscribers, or fans.
- Dashboard: The main section of Taptok's Audience Connections Platform, from which users can access all of the platform's features.
- Pending Migration: The status of any user's Physical Product that indicates an upgrade to their account is required; this upgrade is free of charge.
- Action Assigned: What a user's Physical Product should do when tapped, such as launch their Virtual Card or Mini-Page.
- Locked: The status of any user's Physical Product that indicates it cannot be used for reasons such as their Business Card being lost or stolen; this action can be performed by the users themselves or by Taptok.
- Template: A Mini-Page design sample that contains presets and details that can be customized by any user when creating a Mini-Page from a template.
- Insights: A brief summary of analytics regarding an audience's interactions with a user's content.
- Engagement: Analytics that show how audiences prefer to interact with an user's content.
- Product Status: A quick summary of analytics that show how many Physical Products a user has activated or locked.
- Channel: The method by which a user's audience converts to contacts, whether is physical or digital.
- Privacy Center: Dashboard section where an organization's administrator configures options for how audiences interact with users' physical products and how analytics are collected.
- Security Center: Dashboard section where an organization's administrator can configure what users can and cannot do within their profiles, as well as how third-party engines interact with all of the organization's accounts.
- Organization Settings: General options that an administrator can change from the account of an organization.
- Administrator: A user who has privileged access to our platform when managing an organization's accounts.
- Electronic Business Card (EBC): Card or card-sized physical device that allows its user to instantly transmit their contact information and other data to a recipient’s mobile device.
- Near-Field Communication (NFC): Short-range wireless technology that allows smartphones, laptops, tablets, and other devices to share or receive data when they are in close proximity to another object equipped with an NFC chip.
- Token: Number that identifies a physical product, which can be found on the back of any Taptok's Electronic Business Cards.
- Tap: Practice of scanning a user's physical product on another person's smartphone and saving their contact information.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article